I decided to make meringue cookies into the shape of ghost this year for Halloween. Boy did they turn out perfect and spooky. I’m in love with this recipe! It worked so perfectly that I can’t wait to make Christmas trees with it in a couple of months.
I started by beating 4 egg whites in a medium size bowl. I used an electric mixer to get the eggs nice and frothy. Once they were ready I slowly add in the sugar while continuing to whip the eggs. Next I added the cream of tarter to the mixture. I continued to whip the mixture until it became stiff. Once stiff I filled my piping bag and began piping ghost onto an already sprayed baking sheet.
It is that simple. What a great recipe to make holidays more fun with minimal work. I baked the ghost until the tops were slightly brown. Once they were ready I allowed them to cool completely before painting on their eyes.
This recipe is great because not only can you make Halloween ghost but also you can add green food coloring and make Christmas trees. Enjoy!!
- 4 Egg whites
- ½ teaspoon Cream of tarter
- 1 cup Sugar
- black soft food gel coloring
- Beat eggs in medium bowl until frothy
- Add sugar slowly into eggs wile beating
- Add tarter to mixture while continuing to beat
- Whip until stiff
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray
- Pipe meringue into ghost shape on to baking sheet
- Bake for 45 minutes until the tops are lightly brown
- Allow ghost to cool down
- Paint on black eyes using black soft food gel