It’s no surprise that October has been full of great holiday ideas. Halloween is my favorite holiday so I have spent a lot of time coming up with new ways to celebrate. This cupcake design is simple and perfect for any holiday party you have coming your way. I love how great the cupcakes look and how simple it really is to make perfect cupcakes.
I used my basic white cake cupcakes and chocolate cupcakes for this design. For frosting I went with American buttercream recipe. One batch worked perfectly. First I picked out the four colors I think scream Halloween. I went with green, orange, black, and purple. Once I had my colors I divided the buttercream into four bowls and added the colors.
Next I spooned a little of each color into one piping bag alternating colors. Lastly I piped a swirl design on each cupcake and topped them with the spookiest sprinkles I could find. It’s that simple and they look professional!! Good luck and enjoy!!
- Make a batch of American buttercream frosting
- Divide into 4 bowls
- Add soft food gel to each bowl, 2 drops orange, 2 drops black, 2 drops green, and 2 drops purple
- Using a spoon, alternate spooning frosting colors into piping bag
- Then frosting cupcakes in a swirl
- Top with sprinkles
- Enjoy your spooky treat!!!