Fun Holiday Ahead
With the up coming holiday I decided to get festive and make some delicious St/ Patties cupcakes. I took one of my favorite white cupcake recipes and added green food coloring to get a rich green color. We love to celebrate in our house so every holiday is special to us. It allows for me to express myself through cooking/baking and treat the loves I love with extra attention.
I found these cupcakes not only to be delicious but really fun for my family and friends. I ended taking the extras in to work and everyone enjoyed them as well. We got our sugar fit for day with green tongues.
First gather your ingredients. I like to get everything I’m going to need before starting a recipe incase I’m missing something. I just can’t stand when I’m half way through a recipe and find I’m missing an ingredient. You’re going to need cake flour, regular flour, baking powder, salt, milk, vanilla extract, sugar, unsalted butter, and eggs.
Start by mixing butter, sugar, and eggs until well mixed. Then add in the rest for the wet ingredients, milk, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
Then sift cake flour and regular flour into bowl and baking powder. I like to sift the flour because it helps the cake’s smooth texture.
Once everything is mixed together you are almost done. The only thing you have left to do is add the St. Patty’s day green. I started with a little green food coloring and continued to add until the mixture became the right color green.
Fill cupcake tins ¾ full. Your can use cupcake liners or choose to use non-stick spray and flour. Bake 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Make sure you test them to see if cake is done. Top with you favorite frosting and enjoy!!
St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes
Yields: 24 cupcakes
- 1 3/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 3 tablespoons regular flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cups and 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups and 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare the muffin pans with non-stick spray and flour or paper cups.
- In large bowl mix Butter, sugar, and eggs. Then mix in salt, vanilla, and milk.
- Sift in cake flour, flour, and baking powder. Mix until blended.
- Add in green food coloring to your liking.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake tins, filling at three quarters. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the cakes test done.
- Remove cupcakes and cool on wire rack. Once cooled you can frost and enjoy!